Fliedner FH Düsseldorf
It’s belonging to the Kaiserswerther Diakonie in Düsseldorf – one of the oldest diaconal companies in Germany. More to the history of the Diaconie Kaiserswerth see Fliedner Kulturstiftung.
In 1836, Theodor Fliedner constituted in Kaiserswerth the first vocational training school for protestant’s women in the field of nursing and education. The thought of Fliedner still exists nowadays; the area of education is one of the sustaining pillars of the Kaiserswerther Diaconie.
The establishment of the Fliedner Fachhochschule – University of Applied Sciences – continues consequently of this traditional. The professionalization of the professions in the field of health, nursing, and education means to promote these professions to an academic educational level.
Buildup of this tradition, the Department of Health and Education at the Fliedner Fachhochschule offers the following study programs:
- M.A. Berufspädagogik, part time
- M.A. Intensive Paedagogy (M.A.)
- M.A. Social work – main aim on Childrens and Youth Support (M.A.)
- B.A. Bildung und Erziehung in der Kindheit, full time
- B.Sc. Medizinische Assistenz – Chirurgie, full time
- B.A. Pflege und Gesundheit (dual), full time
- B.A. Pflegemanagement und Organisationswissen, part time
- B.A. Pflegepädagogik, part time
- B.A. Social work, full time
All study programs are accredited of the AHPGS (Akkreditierungsagentur für Studiengänge im Bereich Pflege, Gesundheit und Soziales, Germany) and starts at every fall semester at the university.